The 5th International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing
Oslo University College, Oslo, Norway, June 23-25, 2008.
FAQ for ATC-08 and UIC-08
1. When will the conferences be held?
The conferences will be opened in Oslo on June 23 and closed on June 25.
2. What's the registration rule?
Every accepted paper must have at least one regular registration in order to be ensure the paper to be included into the conference proceeding.
3. My two papers are accepted. Can I make only one regular registration to cover the two papers?
According to registration rule, every accepted paper must have one regular registration. That is, if you have two/three accepted papers, you have to fill a separate registration form for each of the two/three papers, and each paper needs one regular registration fee.
4. I will be busy in June. Can I just only send my student author to attend the conference?
Yes. However, according to registration rule, every accepted paper must have one regular registration. If your student comes alone, he must have a regular registration.
5. I do not submit papers to conference. But I still want to attend the conference. How can I do?
You are welcome to participate in the conference even if you have no paper. For no-paper participants, the same registration form can be used and the word "Non-Author" must be filled in the "PAPER No." field on the registration form, as well as at "Payment Details" item in your telegraphic bank transfer form.
6. What are included in registration fees?
The conference regular registration fee includes the attendance of all conference sessions, attendance of the Hosting Banquet, attendance of the Welcome Reception, proceedings, coffee breaks and lunches during conf.
7. Can I buy extra conference proceedings?
Yes. One extra copy of the proceedings will cost US $100.
8. Is the registration fee the net amount we have to pay?
No. Your bank may deduct some charges, which is not included in registration fee and you need to pay the bank by yourself separately.
9. How to reserve hotels in Oslo?
The information on some recommended hotels is provided at the "Accommodation" page on the conference website. Participants can get the hotel reservation forms there, contact to the hotels directly and book rooms by themselves via fax and Internet.
10. Can I get an official invitation letter?
Yes, we will mail or fax an official invitation letter to a registered author upon a request. If you need the invitation letter, please make the registration first, and then email us your request as well as your affiliation, postal address and fax number.
11. Can I get the receipt of registration fee? When?
Yes, sure and when you check in.