The 5th International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing
Oslo University College, Oslo, Norway, June 23-25, 2008.
Conference venue: Faculty of Engineering, Oslo University College, Pilestredet 35, Holbergs plass, Oslo, Norway.
Oslo has a large number and variety of hotels to choose between. However, Oslo is very busy during the summer and it is important to make a booking with the hotel as early as possible to ensure a good prise and a room in the desired hotel.
OUC has special agreements with Rica, Choice and Thon chains of hotels. To make a booking using one of thess
agreement make a referense to "Avtale Høgskolen i Oslo, avdeling Ingeniørutdanning". If you are early the typical price is below 900,- NOK.
The Rica chan has the following web site.
To make reservation please contact the respective hotel directly. Most hotels require that you make a one night deposit with your credit card.
The following is a list of various hotels in the vicinity of the conference venue:
- Rica Holbergs plass is located across the street from the conference venue (30 seconds walk). When booking ask for "HiO-discount".
- Raddison SAS is located across the street from the conference venue (1 minute walk).
- Thon hotel Vika Artrium is located 15 minutes walk and very close to the entertainment area at the keyside and the city hall. When booking ask for "HiO-discount"
- Oslo Plaza is the tallest building in Norway and next to the main railway station and shopping area. Approximately 30 minutes walk from the venue.
- Scandic KNA is located 10 minutes walk from the conference venue.
- Bondeheimen hotels is budget accomodation approximately 15 minutes walk from the conference venue.
- Rica Victoria is located 15 minutes walk from the conference venue. When booking ask for "HiO-discount".
Note that there are many more hotels in Oslo. Most are acceptable in terms of distance to the Venue. We recommend any hotel from the Rica
chains as you can use our university agreement.
Transportation to Oslo from the airports
There are two international airports closed to Oslo, Gardermoen Airport and Torp Airport
1. Gardermoen Airport
is Norway’s principal international airport, 50km northeast
of Oslo. You can go to Oslo from the airport by either train, bus or taxi.
- Airport Express Train: the train departs from the airport every 10
minutes (every 20 minutes on Saturday) and takes 19 minutes to Oslo Central Station. The price is 160 NOK for single ticket with 50%
discount for children, young/elderly people, and students.
- NSB Regional and Local Train: trains pass the airport every 30 minutes
(except night time 23:30 – 5:30) and takes about 30 minutes. The ticket price is about 80 – 90 NOK.
- SAS Airport Bus: the Airport Bus runs between downtown Oslo and Oslo
Airport every 20 minutes daily. First bus from Oslo Bus Terminal departures at 04.05 am. The trip takes about 35-40 minutes one way.
Last bus from Oslo Bus Terminal departs at 9.50 pm sunday to Friday and 09.40 pm on Saturday. Last scheduled departure runs from Oslo
Airport to downtown 1.00 am. The price is about 100 NOK. Nightbus SAS Airport Bus runs to Oslo Bus Terminal co-ordinated with all arrivals
during the night. Departures from downtown Oslo to the airport leaves Oslo Bus Terminal 3 hours before each flight.
- Stor-Oslo Lokaltrafikk: the "SL" buses have a good network of
routes, cross connections and correspondence. Fare prices are the same as for the SAS Airport Bus.
The taxi rank is located right outside the arrivals hall. Besides regular taxis, there is also maxi-taxis and weelchair taxis
available upon request.
There are several taxi companies which all use fixed prices. You can best order a taxi at the special information counter in the
Arrivals Hall to get fixed prices.
2. Torp Airport
Torp Airport (for Ryanair and Wizzair flights) is 123km south of Oslo.
You can reach to Oslo by buses, TorpEkspressen. In case of flights
delays, TorpEkspressen will wait for Ryanair and Wizzair flights. The Departure time will then be 30 minutes after flight arrival time.
Seat-guaranteed - no reservation necessary.
You can refer to Gule Sider
to find places in Oslo.