Oslo University College (OUC) offers Norway's widest range of professional higher education programmes with close to 11,000 students, more than 50 study programmes and a wide range of subject courses. The main campus at OUC is conveniently located in the centre of Oslo, the capital of Norway.
Academics from all the disciplines represented at OUC are involved in research and development. One fourth of OUC's budget is devoted to research and development. A substantial part of the research is being financed through bodies and organisations outside OUC.
Part of the R&D activity is grouped under three interdisciplinary research programmes:
1. Technology, Design and Environment (TDE)
2. Care, Health and Welfare (CHW)
3. Communication, Education and Culture (CEC).
OUC has developed special expertise in two areas of research and development: educational development and the study of professions.
The centre aims at improving
the quality of teaching and learning at OUC in accordance with the overall strategy of the College. This entails:
- providing support to development projects in the various faculties of the College,
- organising academic development programmes for members of the academic staff at the College,
- carrying out research projects.
The centre performs research on professions, professional roles, professional practice, as well as the social and historical role of professions.